Monthly Archives: March 2014

Action

"Hey Gibbo, can you pick me up from the airport today?"  I knew that my mate, JB, was on a holiday and I was happy to pick him up so we could catch up over a brew.  Driving through the Brisbane traffic toward the airport, I remember thinking about what I was doing with my...

Read more

Achievement and pie in the sky

I once heard during my first year at university that a research team at Harvard measured how many people in a class had structured goals, around 10%.  Ten years after graduation they measured that same class and found of the 10% who had goals, their success far outweighed the other 90%, and the net worth...

Read more

Trees and the 7 P’s

Ever fallen face first through a cloud?  It’s not as nice as it sounds, in fact it stings.  It was December of 2004 and it was typical to Brisbane, being very hot and humid.  I finally convinced nine of my mates to join me in jumping out of a plane from 14,000 feet (one of...

Read more

Every emergency for the price of one – Part 2

There’s an expression in the flying world that when your bucket is full you start to get behind the aircraft.  Essentially, your mind is like a bucket.  When you are sitting at home watching television your bucket is nearly empty, in other words you’re not really using a lot of your brain space.  Introduce multiple,...

Read more